CONTRACT AND AGREEMENT
Friendship Corporation agrees to rent the following boat (the “Boat”) to Renter, upon the condition that Renter agrees to all terms and conditions set forth below, including the release of claims, and evidences that agreement by acknolwedging by pressing the button below.
The Boat shall be rented for the time period and hourly rate specified as follows:
READ THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS FULLY AND CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SIGNING. THIS IS A LEGALLY VALID AND BINDING OBLIGATION TO RELEASE BOAT OWNER FROM ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN OBLIGATIONS, AND TO INDEMNIFY COMPANY AGAINST CLAIMS BROUGHT AGAINST IT BASED UPON YOUR USE OF THE BOAT. THIS INSTRUMENT AFFECTS IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS.
Release and Waiver of Claims. For valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged Renter does hereby remise, release, and forever discharge Boat Owner, Boat Owner’s agents, servants, successors, heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives, of and from all, and all manner of, actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debts, dues, contracts, judgments, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever in law or equity, which Renter ever had, now has, or which Renter’s heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives hereafter can, shall, or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause, or thing whatsoever arising out of this Agreement; out of the use (misuse, or abuse) of the Boat; or in any way arising out of the rental relationship between Renter and Boat Owner.
Boat Rental Agreement and Release
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Renter hereby expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Boat Owner, Boat Owner’s agents, servants, successors, heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives against all suits, actions, claims, demands, or damages that arise out of Renter’s use, misuse or abuse of the Boat.
Rental fee for the boat is $750 and includes 24 guests. Each additional guest will be $30 per guest. Deposit is $350 and must be paid to confirm reservation of the boat. The balance of $400 plus charges for each additional guest ($30 each over 24 guests) must be paid on the day of the cruise. Deposit may be paid online at time of making reservation or can be mailed to: Friendship Boat, 381 St. Augustine Drive, Madison MS. 39110. Deposits that are mailed must be received by the Friendship II Boat office within 10 days of receiving the Friendship II Boat contract. Contracts can be mailed to Friendship Boat, 381 St. Augustine Drive, Madison MS. 39110.
Terms and Conditions
1. Assumption of Risk. Renter acknowledges that the activities for which the Boat is designed include inherent dangers, including the risk of bodily injury and/or death for him and guests. Renter assumes and accepts all risks associated with the use of the Boat. _________ Renter Initials
2. Acceptable Use. Renter agrees and acknowledges that he/she and all guests will obey all laws and enjoy the boat in a careful, safe and conscientious manner. Renter shall at all times observe and adhere to any rules and guidelines posted by Friendship Corporation, and any applicable laws or regulations. Renter shall be responsible at all time for the safety of any and all passengers in the Boat.
3. Prohibited Activities. Renter shall not violate any of the following rules and regulations during his/her operation of the Boat: • No weapons of any kind can be brought onboard. • Smoking is only allowed in designated areas while in the Boat. • Alcoholic beverages are only permitted to be consumed by individuals 21 or above in the Boat. Friendship Corporation reserves the right to inspect any coolers, bags or other containers belonging to the Renter or any of Renter’s passengers. • No illegal drugs of any kind can be brought onboard. • No high-heels, “spike” heel, or stiletto heels are any heels higher than 1⁄2 inch are allowed for any guests. • There are no pets permitted in the Boat. • There is no fishing permitted from the Boat, and no swimming permitted for Renter or Renter’s passengers during their operation or use of the Boat,
4. Unsafe Use. If at any time Friendship Corporation determines that Renter has engaged in an unsafe or hazardous use of the Boat, they may return the Boat to the designated docking area immediately. If the rental is terminated for unsafe or hazardous use, Renter will not be refunded his/her full amount paid. Friendship Corporation shall determine, in its sole discretion, whether any behavior or activity is “unsafe or hazardous.”
5. Condition of Boat following event. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Boat during the rental period. Renter will be billed by Friendship Corporation for the full amount of damages caused by Renter during the rental period, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
6. Refund Policy. Renter must cancel the ride within a 90-day notice, to get a full refund. Last minute cancellations will be covered by the security deposit. Cancellations due to weather conditions will ONLY be able to reschedule the ride.
7. Late Return. Upon return the Renter shall leave the Boat no more than 20 minutes after the predetermined “Time In.”
8. Security. Renter will be charged for a professional security guard from time first guest boards boat until 30 minutes after last guest leaves for parties over 30 guests. Friendship Corporation reserves the right to require a professional security guard for any size party.
9. Any items brought onboard are subject to inspection by the Friendship Corporation. Friendship Corporation reserves the right to refuse that any item be brought onboard.
10. Twenty minutes before getting to dock as we enter the Marina, the music will be played only inside the boat in the galley area. The DJ must get his equipment ready to leave.
11. Weather Conditions The boat will not leave the Docking Pier until the Captain makes sure that the weather will allow a safe condition with no risk to any of the passengers. Time consumed during this period will not be compensated due to unpredictable weather conditions.
12. If the boat cannot go out because of unsafe weather conditions, the renter will be notified in the first hour of his/her time. He/her will be given the opportunity of rescheduling the ride or having a dock party. Whatever is best for them.
By clicking the I Acknowledge button, you agree to the terms of this contract.